Friday, January 4, 2008

Pass me on your dreams,mom

Pass me on you dreams, mom
I promise to make them true.
Won't you lend me that essence
That makes you just YOU?

They say I have your eyes.
I wish, but, I had your vision too.
When you urged me to spread my wings
You could see my horizons new!

I have the power, ma!
But you have the strength.
I am still learning to take some leaps
But you have walked the length.

The wrinkles that weather you face,
Is yet another beautiful phase.
Each passing year makes you more beautiful
An Angel that you seem always!

I took a road different than yours;
Confronted I was with many fears
You walked steadily besides me
Voicing your cheers!

You couldn’t have given me more
After you gave me faith in prayers
I don’t know where He exists
Its you, I believed in, all these years!

Where is God?
He enjoys the fame
Isn’t that you, ma
With just another name!

4 comments:

Meena Iyer said...

wow!!

I wish my mom was still alive.. alas she died before i cud u\s what "mom" is ...

Erm.. u r making me senti.. beautiful write up u have!

Anonymous said...

blocked way
Standing In one Place
Emotionless and powerless
Feeling all alone
Wanting to cry
Wondering which way do I go
Where do I turn
How do I fix my life
When on the road there is no U- turn
I can't turn around
I can't go back
Moving foward is too painful
I think I will stay were I am at
How long will I suffer
Standing in one place
It is unpredictable for me to tell
So I am stopping myself before I dwell

Anonymous said...

Jaanay kis kis tarha mushkil se sambhaala mujh ko,
Meri maa, tu ne boht pyaar se paala mujh ko...

when the poem is about Mother, the reader can't see the poetry structure, but the content!!! it's lovely!!!

Dolly Singh said...

Thanks Shahzia,for sharing such beautiful lines