Friday, May 15, 2015

Stormy Soul

Do you understand the storms?
They rage across your sky
deafening roars piercing hearts
Their ferocity tears you apart
Do storms have souls?
the restless,
agonised souls
waiting for a reprieve.
as they take your leave.
The skies, too, have emotional outbursts
ripping at the seams
like minds,
tormented minds
screaming minds.
Do storms have hearts?
do they seethe, feel
too stifled to breathe
I hold them inside me
hiding them from skies
hiding them in my lies
But they betray me
as they cloud my eyes
with a strange grayness
The doors of my heart
rattle,dangerously
shaking the core
faith threatened,
uprooted
The wait for storm to pass
goes on, nevertheless
The lull,afterwards
howls.
Do you understand
the silences
after the storms
cold to feel,gray to see
eerie silences scream loud
The uninhabited planet,
that I call heart
seeks relief 

No comments: