Thursday, August 20, 2009

You Owe Me One Rainy Day

The trees stood glistened,
Swaying gently in a majestic rhythm.
Skies gray with misty ash,as,
Thunder roared like a beat of a drum.

Lost in my thoughts, I wondered,
If you were watching the rain too!
Lonely,by the window I stood
A cup of coffee,and some memories good.

Steadily, it poured as the rainbow arched
But my heart still felt parched.
Images imagined, far, yet near
Is that you or the hum of rain I hear?

Another rainy spell goes dry!
Longing to have you near by.
Lamenting the downpour
I stood forlorn!

The clouds may drift,
Willing to stray...
The trees may stand steady,
No more wanting to sway...
And,it may now be as dry as hay
But you do owe me one rainy day!

2 comments:

prashant jain said...

A wonderful poem, waiting for the loved one, whom the narrator of the poem has not met for a long time.

I liked the below lines very much,
'Lost in my thoughts, I wondered,
If you were watching the rain too!'

Nice, and would like to read more like these.

Dolly Singh said...

Thanks :)